I Can Stitch, I Can Stitch

We're definitely back. And better than ever...
Check in here to see what's got us all wound up at Jessica Knits and Crochets.

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Dust Ruffle

I can't remember the last time I had to pull off of the road because driving conditions were, to say the least, nonexistent. What an unbelievable storm! So I sat in a parking lot and grabbed my knitting while the dust blew through the Valley. My go-to car project is an original scarf design that is a geometric pleat (it's a man's scarf so it's kind of a masculine take on a ruffle). Sounds complicated but it's a simple six-row repeat and I can always find some time to complete a set (I had plenty of time - the dust was unrelenting). I'm working the scarf in Rowan Lima, in a beautiful deep jade color that I would never have noticed had we not rearranged the yarns at Jessica Knits.

Which brings me to the morals of this story (there are two - there was only going to be one, but then the dust storm hit). The first is that it pays to look at things a little differently now and then, so we are moving yarns around in an effort to inspire and awaken your ideas about color. Our lines are being presented vertically when possible with an eye towards color groups and combinations. Silks, mohairs, merinos...they are all being presented to show the colorways off in their best light.

And the second moral? Always have a project in the car. In fact, just keep a small piece that's easy to pick up and remember in the car at all times. It's metropolitan Phoenix. We practically live in our cars. Inevitably we end up sitting in our car waiting for something to happen (or, in the case of the storm, to stop happening). So come in to Jessica Knits and we'll get you set up with the perfect car project - yarn, needles, patterns, project bags. When the next storm hits, you'll be prepared.

p.s. Just stepped outside. There's a lot of dust out there. Good thing I just crocheted a dust chamois cloth out of a yarn called PJ's that's on sale right now. It is just the thing for cleaning and polishing furniture and only took about an hour to make. We can show you how!

No comments:

Post a Comment